When you use EdBud mobile application, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
Information that we collect :
This policy applies to any users of our services anywhere in the world, including any users of our apps, websites or other services.
EdBud mobile application collects:
- Information that you provide, such as when you create your User account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Location Information
- Transaction Information
- Usage and Preference Information
- Device Information
- Log Information
- Calls and text messages
- Address book and calendar information
Information from other sources :
These may include:
- Users providing feedback, such as as ratings or compliment
- Publicly available sources
- Marketing service providers
We may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How do we use your Information?
When you use the Edbud application, we may request certain information. We do not share any of your personally identifiable or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personally identifiable information or other transactional data except for approximate location / geo-location information when you use the Local jobs service and those with whom you have transactions and share that information. The information we collect is used to improve the content of our application, used to notify consumers about updates and for communications, such as customer service.
- Email Communications: We may send you a welcome email to verify your account and other transactional emails for operational purposes, such as billing, account management, or system maintenance. You may only stop those emails by terminating your account. We may also send you promotions, product announcements, surveys, newsletters, developer updates, product evaluations, and event information or other marketing or commercial e-mails. You can opt out of receiving these email communications from us at any time by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your e-mail preferences on your EdBud account or emailing us to have your contact information removed from our email list or registration database.
- SMS communications: We may send you SMS messages to your secure phone number for operational purposes, such as notifying you about the status of your project. You can opt out of receiving these SMS messages at any time by updating your notifications preferences on your Edbud profile.
- Marketing: You agree that we may use your personal information to tell you about our services and tools, deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and customise measure and improve our advertising. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email.
- We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non- affiliated companies for marketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission. We may use and share Non-Personal Information for our marketing purposes, including, without limitation, marketing on other websites. For example, we may use the information to control the number of times you have seen an ad, deliver ads tailored to your interests, and measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns. You can prevent us from tailoring our ads to you on other websites by deleting your cookies
- We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Log Information
When you interact with our services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our services.
- Calls and text messages
We enable users to call or text each other through the EdBud app. To provide this service, we receive some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the text messages. We may also keep with us the call recordings done via our application. We may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, and for analytics.
- Address book and calendar information
If you permit the EdBud app to access the address book on your device, we may collect names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our services and for other purposes described in this policy or at the time of consent or collection. If you permit to access the calendar on your device, we collect calendar information such as event title and description, your response (Yes, No, Maybe), date and time, location, and number of attendees.
We may collect the data for providing better and improved services and features such as:-
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
- Communications among users
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
We use the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of our services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with our services
Cookies are used to help us:
- Understand and save users preferences for future personalised user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and products in which you are most interested, in order to improve user experience
- Track advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to continually improve site experiences and develop relevant tools in the future.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings (like Chrome or Firefox). Each browser is slightly different, therefore we advise you to view your browser's Help menu to learn how to modify your cookies settings. If you disable cookies, some features that make your site experience more efficient will be disabled and some of our services may not function properly.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of EdBud’s products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, or for legal reasons or in the event of a dispute.
Information Retention And Deletion
EdBud retains your information while your account remains active, unless you request deletion of your information or account. In some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law or other purposes as described in this section even if you delete your account.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
All information gathered on our Website is securely stored within our controlled database. The database is stored on servers secured behind a firewall; access to the servers is password-protected and is strictly limited. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. And, of course, any information you include in a posting to the discussion areas is available to anyone with Internet access.
- Accessing and updating your Information
You can update your information through your account profile settings. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it.
Additionally, you may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We may charge you a fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through our apps or through others means, such as email. If you use our services after an update, you consent to the updated policy. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review